-A A +A A A

Frequently asked questions

  • 1. Does the applicant require to come in person for attestation, Birth certificate, Marriage certificate etc?

    Yes the applicant has to come in person to apply for all services at consular services counter.

  • 2. What is the fee for Attestation/Other Consular services?

    Click here for Other Consular Services

  • 3. Can I get certificates relating to name, birth, parents, spouse details, NRI Status, etc from Indian High Commission?

    Click here for Other Consular Services

  • 4. What is the procedure to apply for Police clearance certificate?

    The documents required are original passport, 2 photos and requisite fee. Processing time – same day in case of passports issued at Kuala Lumpur and 4 weeks or more in case of passports issued at other places subject to clearance.

  • 5. Can the documents be attested/notarized at IHC?

    Yes, Attestation of all Indian documents can be done in case the original document is produced and approved by the consular officer. The applicant has to submit the original with copy of the document to be attested. If the document is issued in India it has to be authenticated by the Consular Wing of the CPV division of MEA. The applicant should also bring the original passport for verification and submit copy of the passport (1st, 2nd last page and the page on which valid permit is affixed),

  • 6. Spouse is applying for passport of the child in India, and RPO is asking for verification of passport, how to go about it? i.e. affidavit.

    For attestation, the applicant has to come in person with original passport and identity card and submit 2 copies of the affidavit forms and requisite fee. The Affidavit of the spouse in Malaysia duly attested by the High Commission may then be sent to India for submission along with the application for the passport of the child in India. Processing time – same day.

  • 7. What are the requirements for giving Power of Attorney?

    In case of Indian nationals, for power of attorney the applicant has to come in person with original document, passport, identity card and requisite fee. Applicant should sign the Power of Attorney in presence of the Consular Officer. If a company or a foreign passport holder gives Power of Attorney then it should be notarized and attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Malaysia or the concerned Embassy as the case may be. The photographs must be affixed on POA and two copies of POA must be submitted.

  • 8. Can others apply for Certificates on the basis of passport entries if the applicant is not in Malaysia?

    No, the applicant has to be in Malaysia to apply for such certificates.

  • 9. What are the documents required for authentication of EMI & Contract of employment for recruitment of Indian workers?

    • 1. Company Profile
    • 2. Memorandum & Article, Form 9, Form 24, Form 49 ( Certified true copy by the Company's Secretary )
    • 3. English translation copy of KDN's Approval By the Court Interpreter and the original copy certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
    • 4. Copy of Foreign and Local Workers Pay Slip (Sample)
    • 5. Letter of Demand (to be certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
    • 6. Power of Attorney (to be certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
    • 7. Contract of Employment (Duly signed separately with each employee and by concerned office of the Protector of Emigrants - original and a copy)
    • 8. Affidavit (to be certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
    • 9. License of Manpower Agent Either in original or photocopy duly attested (ink signed) by competent officer Protector of Emigrants, Ministry of Labour, Shram Shakti Bhawan
    • 10. Letter of Reference from concerned Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (certifying that membership and assuring that company will comply with the terms of contract)